I’ve been doing some deep cleaning and organizing lately, trying to get my house ready to sell.
While cleaning out my closet, I noticed I’m in need of some more summer tops.
Most of the shirts that were in my closet had either shrunk or faded or for whatever reason I just didn’t wear them much anymore.
With the heatwave we’ve been having around here lately, I decided a cool sleeveless top was just what I needed.
I grabbed these…
These were all shirts that used to belong to my hubby before he lost weight and donated them to me.
I know that at least one of them was purchased for 49-cents a while ago.
This one was worn quite a bit. See the worn-out collar?
Anywho, I got busy disassembling the shirts…
After cutting up all of the shirts, I started piecing them back together on my dress form.
Piecing everything together on the dress form helped me to trim all the pieces to just the right size.
Once they all fit together perfectly, I carefully removed the shirt and got ready to sew it all up.
I unpinned the front panel and ran a basting stitch across the top so that I could gather it up…
Once it was gathered to fit the collar panel, I sewed it together, and then sewed all the other pieces together.
After all the sewing was complete, I attempted to try on my new top, only to realize I made a mistake…
In my haste, I accidentally sewed the front shut.
This mistake was remedied quickly using my trusty seam ripper and then stitching back in place (the right way).
After the near 90-degree weather we’ve had over the last few days around here, it’ll be nice to have a cooler shirt to wear.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Similar refashions for you to check out: