I can’t believe we’ve made it to the fifth and final week of the Refashion Runway Challenge. This season has been so much fun and has also been incredibly challenging.
For this week’s refashion I was lucky enough to find a king-sized sheet set at a dollar-a-pound Goodwill in the very color I needed! Woot! While at the Goodwill I Googled an image of the Pantone Blue: Riverside shade, and was able to make sure the colors matched up.
By the way, check out this beauty I was lucky enough to find at my neighbor’s yard sale last weekend. Continue reading
Here we are – it’s week four of the Refashion Runway Competition! For this week’s theme I decided to make a boho-gypsy style tunic.
This refashion had actually been brewing in my brain for some time, but knowing how time-consuming it would be, I had put it off. Thanks to the competition I now had the perfect excuse to get it done!
I started with this men’s vintage, plaid shirt (snaps and all), and several other scraps and shirts from my refash stash.
I cut off the bottom of the shirt at the waistline, removed the sleeves, and then took in the sides.
It’s button week!
As you can see I have a decent stash of buttons.
For this week’s Refashion Runway challenge, I wanted to make an entire outfit that fit the button theme.
To start out, I grabbed a plain black t-shirt, an image I found online, some iron-on adhesive, and a plethora of buttons. Continue reading
I’m so excited for you to see what I’ve been working on for this week’s Refashion Runway Challenge.
Ever since I found out all of the themes for this season, I’ve been looking most forward to this week because of the metallic theme.
First of all, I decided to use a couple of curtains that I was given a while ago, but never had the right sized windows to use them on.
Here we are, already at week three in the Refashion Runway Competition! Can you believe it?
I had a pretty hard time finding an outfit to copy for this week’s theme! I scoured through countless magazines, perused several fashion sites, and FINALLY found a look I not only liked, but knew it was something I’d actually wear!
Anthropologie outfit. (The inspiration for my refashion.)
This Anthropologie blouse costs a whopping $78.00! Can you believe it? And the shorts another $68.00! That’s a total of $146.00 for 1 stinkin’ outfit!
We made it to week two of the competition!
(Well at least I hope I did! As I’m typing this, I’m not sure yet which two refashionistas are the first to get voted off!)
If you haven’t figured it out already, I’m so excited to be (or have been?) a contestant on the Refashion Runway Competition, hosted by The Renegade Seamstress!
Any of you who missed out on week one, the theme for the first week was stripes, and I made a maxi dress out of a bunch of old t-shirts and tank tops.
For this second week of competition…drum roll…the theme is “denim.”
I have a lot of denim refashions I need to get to, but they are all quite simple projects I’ve already seen other people do. I really wanted to challenge myself with something new for this refashion, but hadn’t a clue what to do.
Then all of a sudden it hit me. I had this really cool jean jacket I scored for a mere 49-cents, but ever since I wore it for our last family photo session, I can’t find the darn thing anywhere!
Frankly, I’ve been pretty frustrated about losing it because it would’ve looked great on several of my recent dress refashions!
So I decided to attempt to make a new jacket out of this…
Super comfy, but not the most flattering pair of jeans I own (Trust me, there’s a reason this picture aint showin’ my backside!).
Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with these jeans. They fit fine…they’re comfortable…but I have more jeans than a person needs, and so I decided to weed some out of my closet. Continue reading
Hey everyone! I am so excited to show you my first refashion for the Refashion Runway Competition, hosted by my friend Beth, over at The Renegade Seamstress. For the first week of competition, the theme of our challenge was STRIPES! So while I was peddling my wares during the garage sale I had last weekend, I noticed a lot of the female customers were sporting cute maxi dresses (It was hot and humid on Saturday). I thought to myself, “I’d sure like to have a maxi dress right about now.” Instead, I was sweatin’ my patootie off in jeans and a t-shirt. Then all of a sudden the light bulb went off! I decided to make a maxi dress from some of the t-shirts and tank-tops that weren’t selling, and by incorporating strips cut from each of these shirts, I’d be creating the stripes that would fit the theme! Here’s what I started with…
Even though I had all of my clothes priced at a mere 50-cents a piece, after taking a closer look, I started to see why these shirts just weren’t moving… Continue reading